hey instead of bullying straight/white/cis people because “they havent been oppressed” how about we dONT PICK ON ANYBODY AT ALL??????H OW ABOUT WE????FUCKING PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH AND BE NICE TO INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVENT DONE ANYTHING TO HURT US BESIDES EXIST??????????
Whenever I have a bad day, I always hope that one of friends at least got my missing luck/happiness for the day.
- me reading animorphs in elementary school: THIS IS SO AWESOME THEY TURN INTO ANIMALS I WANNA TURN INTO AN ANIMAL!!
- me rereading animorphs now: THESE POOR CHILDREN -sobs for eternity-
- Harry Potter: stream of angry texts posts a la "MY LIFE SUCKS. MY PARENTS ARE DEAD, MY MENTORS ARE DEAD, MY OWL IS DEAD MY WAND IS BROKEN AND MY SCAR HURTS."
- Ron Weasley: food porn blog
- Hermione Granger: social justice SPEW blogger calling people out on their bullshit. "let the elves decide whether they are house or garden. check yo privelege."
- Ginny Weasley: "day 394-I am not yet dating harry potter" + gifsets dedicated to his scar.
- Luna Lovegood: the nightblogger.
- Draco Malfoy: hipster blogger
- Filch: reblogs pictures/videos/gifs of cats.
- Hagrid: the fluffy chicken girl-"if i get 700,000 notes my headmaster said I could get a chimera."
- McGonagall: that one person who ruins everyones fun text posts.
- Snape: anonymously leaves this in harry's ask "10 point from gryffindor" and then reblogs it.
- Bellatrix Lestrange: fanart of her and the dark lord in compromising positions.
- Voldemort: the blog that just steals everyone else's gifsets to gain followers - "Follow this lord, you will love him on your dashboard".
- Dumbledore: all the gay porn
So to review:
1) Vaccines don’t cause autism. The man who did the single study on which the entire anti-vax movement hangs its hat? He has had his credentials as a doctor stripped, been sued repeatedly, and has *admitted that he lied about the study.* He admitted he fixed the results so they’d be the results that the people who were paying him wanted.
2) Vaccines don’t cause autism but they /do/ decrease the herd immunity of the human race.
3) Herd immunity is important. Herd immunity is what means we don’t have polio, or smallpox, or whoop—
— oh, you mean all of those things are making a comeback?
Vaccinate your kids.
It doesn’t cause autism. An extremely, extremely limited number of people will react to vaccines — but your child’s chances of reacting to vaccines is minuscule compared to your child’s — or your — chances of dying from a really fucking horrifying disease if we don’t reverse this trend.
And for fuck’s sake, stop blaming vaccines for autism. My son was born with his brain wired differently. He’s neurodiverse. He isn’t brain-damaged.